We are a proficient service provider for grinding on kiln tyre and support rollers, while the kiln operates in normal operation, consistently without any stoppage. Our methodology ensures, the grinding can be successfully carried out, even when following abnormalities observed on a kiln:
- High shell run out
- High tire wobbling
- Misalignment in kiln axis
- Improper support roller axis
The above problems result in a reduction of tyre/roller contact during a kiln revolution. Also, the following observation made upon the extended kiln operation:
- Higher hertz pressure on roller tire surface and has its own consequences
- Causes accelerate wear on the rolling surfaces
- Adversely affect kiln axial balancing/kiln float.
- Unpredictable hot bearing in support rollers
- Accelerated wear/failure of tire retainer
Solution for the above-enumerated abnormality can be achieved by restoring the raceways of tire and rollers, as parallel. And, the technique adopted for the restoration of raceways are:
- Grinding machines uses a cup grinding stone
- The methodology is similar to centreless grinding machine
- A special technique employed to ensure uniform stone pressure on the tyre surface, even under situation like high shell runout or tyre wobble.
Our grinding machine is designed with a stone mounted on a shaft driven by a timer belt and powered with a 10 HP motor. The special arrangement was made to ensure uniform pressure by adapting the machine for high and low spots on the tyre surface We employ different grades of stones suitable at different phases of the grinding, to achieve 125 RMS and 0.25 mm parallelism on the raceways.
Benefits of resurfacing
Restoration of cylindrical shape improved axial kiln balance, reduced rotation resistance, smooth running of contact surfaces improves the ROI of maintenance cost and plant as a whole mentioned as under.
- Improved contact between tyre and roller, reduced hertz pressure.
- Reduced unplanned outage
- Achievement of maximum plant availability
- Efficient planning for schedule shut down
- Maintenance costs of kiln components is reduced
- Longevity of kiln and components life
- Resurfacing carried out without stopping kiln with grinding, eliminate production losses